We work closely with our clients to form an understanding of their business and provide them the training that meets their needs and their budgets, and if you want proof… we also work closely with regulators and have provided training to Environmental Health Officers at Maribyrnong City Council and on the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council (as well as to food businesses in their municipalities).
But don’t take our word for it – our clients are our best advertising! Check out the wide range of testimonials that we have received from trainees, employers and organisers.
Prime Skills has established itself as a real alternative for companies who want to run nationally recognised and client specific programs in their workplace at their own pace, at the right price.
So who is “Prime Skills”?
Prime Skills is not a faceless shelf company that delivers all courses to all people. Instead, Prime Skills is a specialised food industry provider, that is owned by two qualified chefs, who have not only worked in Australia, but also in England, Ireland, Singapore and Malaysia.
But we don’t stop there! Every Director, employee and contract trainer of Prime Skills has either worked in kitchens OR managed food service businesses. This includes our administrative and accounting employees as well as ALL of our trainers. We have worked the tools, we have done the long hours and we understand food and food safety. SIMPLE!
“You wouldn’t get a mechanic to cut your hair for you” (Dr Marc Dussault) so why would you trust your training needs to companies that don’t live and breath food?
Oh… did we forget to mention, that not only is our Managing Director a qualified chef by trade, but he is also a Level 4 NFSA Food Safety Auditor (the highest level possible) and an Australian Food Safety Specialist. He writes food safety articles for two national magazines, as well as being interviewed multiple times on radio, TV and newspapers in Melbourne and Sydney!
Prime Skills is a member of:
- COBAA (Café Owners and Barista Association of Australia).
Through The Gourmet Guardian (who are members), we also have access to materials from:
- Food Safety Information Council;
- Allergen Bureau.
Our Managing Director is also a member of:
- AIFST (Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology);
- Exemplar Global (as a Level 4 NFSA Food Safety Auditor).
What does Prime Skills do again?
Prime Skills specialises in preventative training solutions to the food industry. We offer flexibility in the methods of delivery that include:
We come to you, or you come to us and we promise to engage with the trainees to deliver a very important topic, in a simple, clear and effective way, empowering each individual so that they walk away feeling confident about what they need to do.
* NOTE: In some Australian states, some accredited courses are not permitted to be delivered online. Please contact our office on 1300 EAT SAFE (1300 328 723) if you need clarification.
Face to face training is often cheaper than online training, if you provide the room. We are flexible that if you want to charge individuals, we can arrange for the trainer to collect training fees from the trainees if required (there needs to be an agreed minimum number of trainees in the room for this option).
One Trainee at one of our Classroom Level 2: Food Safety Supervisor course in July 2016 provided the following feedback to their employer:
- I found the course really interesting and helpful;
- I improved myself and I think I’ll fix the few gaps that I pretty much didn’t know or where I wasn’t sure about;
- It helped me a lot honestly;
- Now I’m gonna bring back everything to improve at the venue and show/ explain the others chefs too;
- We are going to be better on the forms and on the food safety;
- Thanks for the opportunity that you gave me.
The original feedback is available if required.